joh 10v28 They Shall Never Perish
"THEY SHALL NEVER PERISH" John
Our Lord here makes a blanket, unconditional promise to every true believer. It takes into consideration all times, all circumstances, all contingencies, all events, and all possibilities. This promise takes in all the flock. Not one of Christ's sheep shall ever perish; no, not even one. If you are a believer, if you trust the Lord Jesus Christ, if you have received eternal life, you shall never perish. Christ himself has promised it! Nothing in you, nothing done by you, nothing in heaven, earth, or hell shall ever destroy your soul. Here are seven reasons why Christ's sheep shall never perish.
1. The promise of God must be fulfilled. God himself says, - "They shall never perish." If one promise of God could be broken, no promise could be believed.
2. The purpose of God cannot be frustrated (John -40). God's covenant cannot be made void. His elective purpose cannot be overturned. The suretyship engagements of Christ cannot be broken. The Good Shepherd must save his sheep (John ).
3. The redemptive work of Christ cannot be nullified Isa. 53:10-11). That which Christ purchased, he must have. Otherwise he could never see of the travail of his soul and be satisfied.
4. The believer's Justification by God in Christ
is an irreversible act of grace (Rom. -34).
God will not impute sin to those whom he has justified in his Son (
5. The work of God's grace in the believer's heart can never be defeated (Phil. 1:6). That which God has begun he will carry on to perfection. Nothing and no one can halt God's work.
6. The intercessory work of our Lord Jesus Christ must prevail (John 17:9-11, 15, 20; I John 2:1-2).
Those for whom the Son of God pleads cannot perish.
7. The seal of the Holy Spirit cannot be broken (Eph. -14). God the Holy Spirit has sealed every believer unto the day of redemption, securing our glorious resurrection and eternal inheritance in Christ.