Can A Saved Person Ever Be Lost?
Let the question be answered by the plain statements of Holy Scripture with an emphatic "NO!" "They shall never perish!"
1. Salvation is THE WORK OF GOD ALONE; and the work of God is DONE FOREVER (Eccles. ).
2. Salvation is THE GIFT OF ETERNAL LIFE; and eternal life is ETERNAL (Rom. ).
3. Salvation is BY GRACE ALONE. Works have nothing to do with it, neither good nor bad. Sin could not keep God from bestowing his grace. And sin cannot compel God to withdraw his grace (Eph. 2:8-9).
4. THE COVENANT OF GRACE CANNOT BE BROKEN; and eternal security is one UNCONDITIONAL PROMISE of the covenant (Jer. 31:3; 31-34; 32:38-40).
5. THE PURPOSE OF GOD IN ELECTION MUST STAND; and that purpose could not stand if even one of the elect were to perish (Rom. -30; ).
6. THE BLOOD OF CHRIST CANNOT MISCARRY OR BE SHED IN VAIN. If one redeemed sinner should perish, for that sinner, the death of Christ would be a miscarriage, his blood would have been shed in vain (Isa. 53:9-10).
7. THE SEAL OF THE SPIRIT CANOT BE BROKEN (Eph. ).
8. CHRIST CANNOT FAIL; and he would miserably fail in his appointed work if one whom he came to save were to perish (Isa. 42:4; Matt. ; John ).
9. The Lord our God is IMMUTABLE. He cannot change. And if one whom he loves were to become an object of his wrath in hell, he must cease to be God (Mal. 3:6).
10. THE JUSTICE OF GOD, once satisfied, CANNOT PUNISH ANY FOR WHOM ATONEMENT HAS BEEN MADE (Rom. -26).
11. GOD WILL NOT IMPUTE SIN TO HIS ELECT. Where sin is not imputed
there is no danger of perdition (
12. FAITH, SALVATION, AND ETERNAL LIFE ARE THE GIFTS OF GOD. The gifts of God cannot be taken away (Rom.11:29).
13. CHRIST'S INTERCESSORY PRAYER MUST PREVAIL (Joh.17).
14. THE BODY OF CHRIST MUST BE COMPLETE; and it cannot be complete if even one member has perished (Eph.1:23).
15. We are KEPT BY THE POWER OF GOD (I Pet. 1:5).
16. OUR LORD HAS PROMISED TO BRING ALL HIS ELECT TO GLORY;and he will do what he has promised(Eph.5:25-27).